A list of my favorite tools and applications:
- Simplenote - Super quick note capture tool. Everything goes in here. Replaced clunky Evernote for me.
- Overcast - Podcast app of choice.
- Pocket - So many times at work someone emails or messages me an article / video. I always use the bookmark or forward them to Pocket so I can read them at my convenience and without distractions (it removes ads).
- Google photos - Syncs all your photos to the cloud, no more running out of space on my 16gb iPhone.
- Slickdeals - Keep an eye out on all those awesome deals.
- Day One - Best dairy app out there.
- Slice - Automated package tracker.
- Atom - Clean and extensible Text editor built by the folks at Github.
- Oh-My-Zsh - Your terminal will never be the same again.
- Emacs - An extensible, customizable, free/libre text editor — and more.
- Alfred - Most critical app on the computer, like spotlight on steroids.
- Moom - A must have window management tool for any developer.
- nvAlt - A Notational Velocity alternative, primary notes capture tool, syncs via simple note.
- Wunderlist - My Todo list app of choice.
- Rescue time - Understand your daily habits so you can focus and be more productive.
- Focusbar - Simply bring your tasks to a focus, syncs with idonethis.com.
- Keyboard maestro - Increase productivity by using macros(or short cuts) with simple keystrokes.
- Bartender - Take control of your mac menubar.
- Flux - Warms up your computer display at night, to match your indoor lighting.
- Calibre - Clean way to convert your pdfs into books for your Kindle.
- LiceCap - Best way to create an animated gif.
- Pushbullet - Share links between any of your devices. Never email yourself a link again.
- Buffer - Easy way to add new things to share to all my social media.
- BuiltWith - See what tools, hosts and more every site is using.
- SimilarWeb- See the popularity of a website, where it gets its traffic from and more.
- Panda - Clean and customizable chrome launch page.